Acorn Squash saladOctober 12, 2018
Acorn Squash salad
- 25 minutes
- 25 minutes at 375°F
- 1 acorn squash, washed and cut in half rounds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of Oatbox Pumpkin Spice granola
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of pecans, dry roasted
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) of kale or mâche (corn salad)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of fresh mint leaves
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of tahini
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of hot water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp (3 ml) of cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of soy sauce
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2. Brush the slices of peppermint squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Lay on a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
- 4. Let cool.
- 5. When ready to serve, spread the squash with the strawberries, mint, and kale.
- 6. Add the granola and pecans on top.
- 7. For the dressing, whisk all of the ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.
Featured in this article
Pumpkin Spice GranolaView this mix