ginger apple butterSeptember 28, 2018
ginger apple butter
- 20 minutes
- 55 minutes
- 1 ½ cups
- 10 Cortland apples, peeled and cut into pieces
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of fresh ginger, grated
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of molasses
- 1. In a pot, bring all the ingredients to a boil.
- 2. Lower the heat and let the mixture simmer while occasionally mixing for 55 minutes. Make sure the stove top is on low heat.
- 3. Once the mixture is well cooked and the water completely evaporated, mash or put in a food processor to create a butter consistency.
- 4. Use to sweeten your parfaits or as a spread on your toast!
Featured in this article
Apple Pie GranolaView this mix