Banana and Chocolate CakeSeptember 6, 2016
Banana and Chocolate Cake
- 20 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 1 cake
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 2 large bananas, ripe
- 290 ml (one can) of sweet coconut cream
- 5 ml of vanilla
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups of sifted flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of Banana and Chocolate Chip Oatbox granola
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Melt coconut oil in the microwave.
- 3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mash bananas on low speed. Add coconut oil, sweet coconut cream, vanilla, sugar and brown sugar. Mix at medium speed for about 2 minutes or until mixture is uniform.
- 4. Stop mixer and combine flour and baking powder into wet mixture. Stir until flour is completely incorporated.
- 5. Using a wooden spoon, fold in chocolate chips and granola.
- 6. Oil a bundt mold with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and pour batter into the mold.
- 7. Bake for 45 minutes. Avoid convection cooking for a moist result.
Featured in this article
Banana & Chocolate Chip GranolaView this mix