Belgian Waffles with Vegan Caramel and GranolaFebruary 1, 2018
Belgian Waffles with Vegan Caramel and Granola
- 30 minutes
- 6 waffles
- For the waffles:
- 1 cup of soften butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 eggs, whites separated in a second bowl
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- For the caramel:
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of molasses
- 5 ml of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of dark rum
- Oatbox Cherry & White Chocolate Granola
- 1. Beat the egg whites, butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2. Make sure to finish with the flour for best results.
- 3. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mix.
- 4. Cook in a waffle iron.
- 5. For the caramel, dissolve sugar with other ingredients in a saucepan.
- 6. . Bring to a boil and cook until the caramel thickens and turns golden. Make sure to keep an eye on the mixture as it may double in size quickly.
- 7. Top the waffles with caramel and granola and enjoy.
Featured in this article
Cherry & White Chocolate GranolaView this mix