blueberry sconesAugust 17, 2018
- 15 minutes
- 15-20 minutes at 350°F
- 12 scones
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup of cold butter, diced
- 1 cup of milk
- 1. In a bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients with the blueberries.
- 2. Add the butter and mix with a pastry cutter.
- 3. Add the milk and continue to stir with the pastry cutter.
- 4. Once everything is mixed evenly, knead the dough just enough for it to become smooth but not sticky. Adjust with more liquid or flour if needed.
- 5. On a floured work surface, spread the dough to a thickness of 2 to 3 centimeters.
- 6. Cut in circles or in squares and transfer to a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- 7. Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 8. During this time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 9. Bake the scones for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden. Let cool before serving.
Featured in this article
Organic Wild Blueberry Granola (in collaboration with Patience Fruit & Co)View this mix