Cinnamon rollsDecember 19, 2018
- 2 hours
- 35 minutes
- 15 cinnamon rolls
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups whole milk, warm
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 5 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup of the Pecan pie granola
- 125g cream cheese, softened (1/2 packet)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Generously butter your baking dish. We used the 4.7L braiser from Le Creuset.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the warm milk, the melted butter, and the granulated sugar.
- 3. Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm mixture and let the mix set for 1 minute.
- 4. Add 4 cups of the flour to the milk mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- 5. Cover the bowl with a towel or a plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- 6. After 1 hour, the dough should have doubled in size.
- 7. Remove the towel and add an additional ¾ cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt. Stir well and move onto a well-floured surface.
- 8. Knead the dough lightly, adding additional flour as necessary, until the dough just loses its stickiness and does not stick to the surface.
- 9. With a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about 1 cm thick.
- 10. Spread the softened butter evenly over the dough.
- 11. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Add the granola if wanted, you can also add it on the top for decoration and a good crunch.
- 12. Roll up the dough to form a log and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down.
- 13. Cut the log in about 15 1½ inches (8cm) thick pieces.
- 14. Place the 15 cinnamon rolls in your buttered baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap or your braiser lid and place in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- 15. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- 16. To prepare the frosting whisk together cream cheese, butter, whole milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar, in a medium-size mixing bowl, until smooth.
- 17. Remove plastic wrap or lid. Bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
- 18. While still warm, spread evenly the frosting.