Coconut Sugared CranberriesDecember 21, 2016
Simple recipes to spice up your mornings and add some colour to your yogurt and granola breakfast parfait!
- 15 minutes
- Cook 7 minutes | Rest 10 minutes
- 4 portions
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/4 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup of sugar (optional)
- 1. In a saucepan, mix together half (1/2 cup) of the coconut sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, dip the cranberries in syrup as to completely coat them with liquid. Set aside on a rack to drain and cool. You can keep the syrup for your parfaits or other breakfast.
- 3. In a bowl, mix together the remaining half of coconut sugar with the sugar. Roll cranberries in the mixture as to completely coat them.
- 4. Top your breakfast parfait with the cranberries and enjoy!
Frosted cranberries can be stored for a few hours. It is best to keep them in the syrup and only coat them with sugar when ready to serve.