Crabapple JellyOctober 23, 2017
Simple recipes to spice up your mornings and add some colour to your yogurt and granola breakfast parfait!
- 2 hours
- 90 minutes
- Quartered crabapples
- White sugar
- 1. Add the crabapples to a large saucepan and cover with water.
- 2. Bring to a boil and simmer for 60 to 90 minutes, covered.
- 3. Collect the liquid by draining the crabapples through a cheesecloth, without squeezing the fruits. This step should take about two hours.
- 4. Measure the liquid and pour it in the same clean saucepan.
- 5. Add 3/4 of the liquid quantity in sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer until the liquid reaches 104°C (219 °F).
- 6. Pour the liquid into sterilized Mason jars and let cool to room temperature. Seal the jars and keep in the refrigerator.