Cranberry & Cardamom Poached PearsDecember 1, 2016
Cranberry & Cardamom Poached Pears
- 40 minutes
- Rest 4 hours | Cook 15 minutes
- 8 to 12 pears
- 1 litre of Patience pure cranberry juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup of maple syrup
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of Patience cranberries sweetened with apple juice (optional)
- 6 cardamom pods
- 8 to 12 Bosc pears, not too ripe
- The juice of one lemon
- For serving:
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom
- 1 cup of Cranberry & Dark Chocolate Oatbox granola
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine cranberry juice, maple syrup, water, cranberries and cardamom pods. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, peel the pears and let them soak for at least 5 minutes in a large container of water with the lemon juice.
- 3. Once the liquid mixture has been brought to a boil, reduce heat to minimum and gently dip the pears. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat, uncover and allow the pears to cool in the liquid.*
- 5. For the syrup, remove the pears from the liquid and sieve. Bring the liquid to a boil and allow the syrup to reduce by 3/4. Keep for service.
- 6. Whisk cream with 1/4 cup of maple syrup and ground cardamom.
- 7. In a plate, add the whipped cream, a pear and syrup. Top with Oatbox granola.
* It is best to prepare this recipe the day before to allow the pears to cool completely in the cooking liquid.
Featured in this article
Cranberry and Dark Chocolate GranolaView this mix