Date and Turmeric Cashew MilkMarch 1, 2017
Date and Turmeric Cashew Milk
- 20 minutes
- Rest 2 heures
- 10 portions
- 1 1/2 cup of unsalted raw cashews
- 5 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 3 cups + 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of curcuma
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (optional)
- 1. Soak cashews in 3 cups of water for a minimum of two hours. Strain.
- 2. In a blender, process cashews, dates, 3 cups of water, turmeric and maple syrup until smooth. For a more liquid and less rich milk, add up to one extra cup of water.
- 3. Depending on your mixer, the milk may be smooth enough after this step. Otherwise, pour milk through a cheesecloth or a conical strainer.
Use in your smoothie recipes, as a substitute for yogurt or traditional milk.