1. In a food processor, blend the dates until smooth. Slowly add the water to form a paste and transfer the mixture to a pot. Add the lemon juice and the maple syrup, mix well and bring everything to a boil. Remove from heat, add the baking soda and stir well.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. For the crust, combine all the ingredients with your hands.
4. Lay a parchemin paper in a 9 inch baking dish and press firmly two thirds of the mixture in it. Add the date mixture over the crust layer and cover with the remaining crust mixture.
5. Bake for 35 minutes and let cool down before cutting into squares.