Date SquaresNovember 13, 2018
- 25 minutes
- 35 minutes
- 9-12 squares
- For the crust:
- 1¼ (310ml) of quick oats
- 1¼ (310ml) of Date square Oatbox granola
- 1¼(310ml) of flour
- ¾(180ml) of brown sugar
- ¾ (180ml) of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp (5ml) of baking powder
- For the filling:
- 2 cups (500ml) of Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup (250ml) of warm water
- 2 tbsp (30ml) of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30ml) of maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5ml) of baking soda
- 1. In a food processor, blend the dates until smooth. Slowly add the water to form a paste and transfer the mixture to a pot. Add the lemon juice and the maple syrup, mix well and bring everything to a boil. Remove from heat, add the baking soda and stir well.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 3. For the crust, combine all the ingredients with your hands.
- 4. Lay a parchemin paper in a 9 inch baking dish and press firmly two thirds of the mixture in it. Add the date mixture over the crust layer and cover with the remaining crust mixture.
- 5. Bake for 35 minutes and let cool down before cutting into squares.
- 6. Enjoy! :)
Featured in this article
Date Square GranolaView this mix