Mango Pie in a Granola CrustJuly 24, 2015
Mango Pie in a Granola Crust
- 45 minutes
- 9 minutes | 350°F
- Yields 8 portions
- Pie crust:
- 1 cup of Mango & Quinoa Oatbox granola, crushed
- 1 cup of graham crumbs
- ⅓ cup of melted butter
- Mango filling:
- 1 ¼ cup of smooth mango puree
- 7 ml of unflavoured gelatine (half bag)
- 5 ml of liquid vanilla
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ¼ cup of mascarpone cheese
- 15 ml of sugar or maple syrup
- 1. Mix all ingredients together. Press at the bottom of a 9 inch pie dish and bake for 9 minutes at 350°F. Let cool down completely.
- 2. Pulverize 3 mangos in your food processor then pass trough a sieve to obtain a smooth puree.
- 3. Add the gelatine to 30 ml of cold water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 4. Heat the mango puree without boiling and add the gelatine. Heat for another 2 minutes.
- 5. Transfer the mango puree in another bowl and let cool down completely in the refrigerator.
- 6. Whip the heavy cream, mascarpone and sugar until stiff. Add to the mango with a wooden spoon.
- 7. Pour in your pie crust and let sit in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours in the refrigerator. Before serving, add some fresh strawberries.
Featured in this article
Mango Puree, Quinoa flakes and Dried Organic MangoView this mix