Maple Syrup and Granola SquaresMarch 3, 2016
Maple Syrup and Granola Squares
- 15 minutes
- 30-35 minutes
- 12 portions
- For the crust:
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of maple, sunflower seeds and fig Oatbox granola
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 2 tbsp of flour
- For the maple mixture:
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1. For the crust: Butter a 9'' square pan and preheat oven to 375°C.
- 2. In a bowl or in a food processor, blend together all ingredients for the crust.
- 3. Spread the mixture into the buttered pan and press lightly.
- 4. Bake for 10 minutes and put aside.
- 5. For the maple mixture: Mix the cornstarch and the brown sugar.
- 6. Add the maple syrup and heat over medium-high heat, by constantly whisking. Bring to a boil and remove from heat immediately.
- 7. Add the butter, stir and let cool slightly.
- 8. In another bowl, beat the eggs and then slowly incorporate the slightly cooled syrup mixture.
- 9. Once the mixture is homogeneous, pour over the crust and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Featured in this article
Maple, Sunflower Seeds & Fig GranolaView this mix