1 pie dough, cut in 12 equal pieces of approximately 9 cm (See the Shortcrust recipe on our blog)
6 apples, diced into 1.5 cm cubes
The juice of a lemon
¾ cup of organic cane sugar
2 tbsp of corn starch
2 tbsp of milk
¼ cup of Oatbox Apple Pie granola
1. In a pan, combine the diced apples with the corn starch and the sugar. Mix well. Add the lemon juice, and let rest for 1 hour.
2. Once the rest period is over, there will be some liquid at the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook while stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the mixture has thickened with the corn starch. Put aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 425°F.
4. Fill half of the pie shells with 2 tablespoons of apple filling and spread the granola over the pies. Brush the sides of the inner dough with a little bit of milk and cover with the second dough. Gently press dough closed around filling using a fork. Brush the top of the pies with the rest of the milk, and sprinkle with a little more cane sugar if desired. Make an X-cut on each pie.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until the dough is golden.