Peach and cardamom pieAugust 24, 2018
Peach and cardamom pie
- 30 minutes
- 55 minutes at 375°F
- 8 portions
- Shortcrust pastry dough (https://www.oatbox.com/en/blog/shortcrust-pastry)
- 10 to 12 ripe peaches
- ½ tsp of ground cardamom
- ½ cup (120ml) of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) of flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) of vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15ml) of milk
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2. Blanch the peaches in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes depending on their size, then peel them.
- 3. Remove the pits and cut the peaches in slices.
- 4. Cut your pastry dough in two, roll and place one half at the bottom of a 9 inch pie mold.
- 5. In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients of the filling together and pour on top of the dough.
- 6. With a brush, smear the rim of the pie with some milk.
- 7. Roll the second half of the dough and place on top of your pie.
- 8. With a know, cut off the excess dough and seal the edges with your fingers.
- 9. Make a small cut in the middle of the cake, and smear the rest of the milk on the dough using a brush.
- 10. Bake in the oven for 55 minutes or until the pie is golden.
- 11. Let cool before cutting and serving.
Featured in this article
Peaches & Cardamom GranolaView this mix