Pear and Maple Syrup CompoteMarch 7, 2017
Simple recipes to spice up your mornings and add some colour to your yogurt and granola breakfast parfait!
Pear and Maple Syrup Compote
- 5 minutes
- 10 to 15 minutes
- 8 portions
- 4 Bosc pears
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1/4 cup of Nos Cabanes maple syrup
- 15 ml of cornstarch (optional)
- 1. Peel the pears and cut into thin slices. In a saucepan, mix the pears, lime juice, vanilla and maple syrup.
- 2. Split the vanilla bean open lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Add to the mixture and bring to a boil. Simmer over very low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. If the mixture is too liquid after cooking time, dilute cornstarch in 15 ml of water and incorporate to the boiling compote.
- 4. Remove from heat and let cool before adding to your breakfast!