Pear butterNovember 13, 2017
Simple recipes to spice up your mornings and add some colour to your yogurt and granola breakfast parfait!
- 10 minutes
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 8 peeled and sliced Bosc pears
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 5 ml of vanilla extract or half a vanilla bean
- 1. Add all the ingredients to a heavy-bottomed pot and mix well.
- 2. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes or until the pears are soft and tender.
- 3. In a blender, purée the mixture until smooth (we used the Breville Boss™).
- 4. Transfer the mixture to the same pot and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, for 45 minutes or until all the water has evaporated and the butter has a thick texture.
- 5. Serve alongside Oatbox Pear and Red Quinoa granola. Enjoy!
Featured in this article
Pear & Red quinoa granolaView this mix