Grilled pears with a coconut caramel sauceJanuary 18, 2019
Grilled pears with a coconut caramel sauce
- 20 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 2 to 4
- 2 to 4 Bosc pears
- 2 tbsp of coco oil
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (398ml)
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Triple chocolate granola, to taste
- 1. Cut each pear lengthwise in half and remove the seeds with a small spoon.
- 2. In a non-stick pan, melt the coconut oil onto low heat and grill the pears, flesh side down.
- 3. Remove from heat and add all the remaining ingredients except the granola in the pan.
- 4. With a wooden spoon, mix the mixture and let it simmer while stirring constantly until it thickens.
- 5. A luscious caramel should form.
- 6. This former step should take 10 minutes.
- 7. Serve the pears with the hot caramel and some granola for extra crunch.