Rhubarb TartsMay 25, 2017
- 25 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 6 tarts
- 1 shortcrust pastry recipe, cooled and divided in 6
- 6 cups of rhubarb, diced
- 1/2 cup of sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- The juice of half a lime
- 10 ml of vanilla
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the rhubarb, sugar (or maple syrup), cornstarch, lime juice and vanilla. Set aside.
- 3. Roll out the portioned dough into 6 circles of roughly 1/2 cm in thickness.
- 4. Fill the 6 circles with the rhubarb mixture.
- 5. Brush the inside of the dough with a bit of milk. Fold in the sides of the dough as to cover the filling. Brush the top of the tarts with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- 6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden.