Shortcrust PastryNovember 1, 2016
- 15 minutes
- Rest time : 45 minutes
- One 9-inch crust
- 2 1/4 cup of flour (we like the organic white spelt flour)
- 3/4 cup of cold butter, diced
- 90 to 110 ml of cold water
- A pinch of salt
- 1. In a bowl, mix together butter, flour and salt with your fingertips. Press butter cubes between your fingers in order to break them up, without warming up the butter.
- 2. Using your hands, mix until a grainy texture with small chunks of butter is obtained.
- 3. Gradually add 90 ml of cold water and mix using a fork. Press mixture between your hands to incorporate the water to the dough, without kneading. If necessary, gradually add 20 ml of water so that the mixture holds together when pressed in your hands.
- 4. Form a ball. Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 45 minutes. The dough can be prepared up to 36 hours in advance.
- 5. Once the dough has rested, roll on a floured surface and line your pie plate. Using a fork, make holes on the flat part of your pie crust.