Raspberry and Chocolate Skillet BreadJune 29, 2016
Raspberry and Chocolate Skillet Bread
- 20 minutes
- Rest 30 minutes | Cooking 40 minutes
- 8 portions
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of yeast
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of your choice of oil
- 1 cup of raspberries
- ½ cup of almond butter
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 10 ml of liquid vanilla
- ½ cup of chocolate
- ½ cup of Lavender, Raspberry and Almond Oatbox granola
- 1. In a one-liter measuring cup, mix hot water, yeast, oil and 1 tbsp of maple syrup together and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 2. In another bowl and using a fork, mix flour, salt and yeast preparation together.
- 3. Empty the bowl’s content onto your work surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth. Place dough in a well-oiled bowl, covered with a clean and humid cloth, and let rise about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 4. In the meantime, mix ½ cup of maple syrup, vanilla, and almond butter with the raspberries, and melt chocolate in the microwave for a few seconds.
- 5. Preheat oven at 350°F.
- 6. Once it has doubled in size, transfer the dough to a floured work surface. Roll the dough out to about ½ cm in thickness. Top evenly with maple syrup and almond butter mixture, then add half of the melted chocolate and granola.
- 7. Roll the dough over itself and then cut it in half along the entire length, so that it will be split lengthwise. Twist each piece a few times and lay everything down onto your oiled cast iron skillet, so as to completely fill the bottom.
- 8. Sprinkle with remaining melted chocolate for a nice presentation.
- 9. Bake for about 40 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes before removing from skillet.
Featured in this article
Lavender, Raspberry & Almond GranolaView this mix