1. What do you do with my information?
- 1.1. When you purchase something from our Website, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you provide us such as your name, address and email address.
- 1.2. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn more about your browser and operating system.
- 1.3. With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
- 2.1. How do you get my consent?
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply consent to us collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to refuse.
- 2.2. How do I withdraw my consent?
- If after opting in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Oatbox, 203-8211 17e av, Montreal, QC, H1Z 4J9, Canada
- If you receive an unwanted email from us, you may use the “unsubscribe link” found in the header or footer of the email to opt out or modify your email preferences. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
3. Services and links on our website
- 3.1. When you click on links on our Website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
4. Information gathered automatically
- 4.1. We combine the information from visits to our Website with anonymous and specific data from identified persons for the following reasons: Technical administration of the Website; Improving the ergonomics and browsing features of our site; Customers management; Marketing.
- 6.1. We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
- 6.2. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties' marketing purposes unless you first give us permission in accordance to this Privacy Statement (either by opting in or choosing not to opt out at the time we provide the choice).
7. Security policy
- 7.1. All your personal data is securely transmitted to our Website using an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption key from AlphaSSL. Your data is stored on a secure server behind a firewall.
- 7.2. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best-practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- 7.3. Credit card information is encrypted when the order is processed. We do not keep the credit card numbers on our servers. We use secure servers protected by the strongest firewalls currently available on the market. Physical access to these servers is limited and controlled. All employees that have access to or that are involved in processing your personal information are bound by a confidentiality clause. All these controls and procedures that are in place guarantee that your online shopping experience is secure.
8. Third-party services & social media
- 8.1. In general, the third-party providers we use will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide us.
- 8.2. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide them for your purchase-related transactions.
- 8.3. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by them.
- 8.4. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- 8.5. As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information required to complete said transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
- 8.7. Our Website also contains links and interactive features with different social media platforms. If you are already using these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our site. Information you openly disclose or share publicly and transmit online on theses different platforms or medias may be viewed and used by third-parties without any restrictions for any number of purposes that are not under our control.
9. Referral program
- 9.1. By participating in our Referral Program, you agree that some of your Personal Information may be disclosed to Other Users with whom you have provided us permission to share it.
- Information that may be disclosed includes your surname, name, subscription status and “Referred orders count”.
- 9.2. Oatbox is not responsible for any misuse of information you have given consent to be shared with Other Users associated through our Referral Program.
- Misuse of information includes but is not limited to : copying, sharing and disclosing information to outside parties by the Other Users with whom you have given consent to share some of your Personal Information.
- 9.3. If you wish to opt out after having used the Program, some of your Personal Information may still be available to Other Users. By opting out, we may still disclose anonymous and non personally identifiable information about your interaction with the Program to maintain a quality user experience for all users.
- 9.4. If you wish to withdraw your Referral Program consent, you may not be able to use all features of the Program.
- 9.5. If you have questions with regard to the Privacy Statement of our Referral Program or if you wish to withdraw your consent regarding the Referral Program, you may contact us at email@example.com
10. Age of consent
- 10.1. By using this website, you approve that you are of legal age in your state or province of residence, or that you are of legal age in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
11. Accessing the personal data we have gathered
- 11.1. You may inquire about your personal information that we have collected by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the request has been received, we will supply all gathered information within a week, free of charge. For your protection, we may ask for proof of identification. We reserve the right to refuse access to the information request. You will be notified as to the reasons of said refusal. You may view, modify and update your personal information once you’ve opened a session on our Website.
- 12.2. For any information concerning our Confidentiality Statement, please contact us by email at email@example.com
- 12.3. If our Website is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell you products.